Is Vacuuming Enough To Clean Your Carpet?

Is vacuuming your carpet really enough? With all of the dust, dirt, grime, skin particles, and dust mites, is vacuuming really going to make your carpet clean enough to live with? Vacuuming can be a great way to get the debris and particles off of the surface of the carpet but often fail to get the grime and other particles that are buried deep within the carpet.

Vacuuming will remove around 70% of soil and other particles, but the other 30% can cause health problems. When carpets are not clean, there are several health issues and risks that can occur with individuals that live in close proximity to that carpet.

Health Issues of Dirty Carpets

  • Allergies. There are many kinds of particles and allergens that can cling to carpet even after it has been vacuumed. Pet hair, insects, mold and fungi spores and dust can all trigger an allergic reaction.
  • Skin Irritation. Walking on the carpet with dirty feet can cause the carpets to house fungi. If this is not cleaned up, it will spread. This can cause skin irritation when you come in contact with the carpets. Other pests that have been attracted to the dirty carpets like mice or cockroaches can also harbor disease that can begin to affect your skin.
  • Breathing Problems. As you walk around your home with dirty carpets, dust mites, mold and other particles will be stirred up and make it harder for you to breath.

How Often Should You Clean Your Carpet?

It is now abundantly clear that it is important to clean your carpets, as dead skin, dust, insects, mold and other particles start to collect. Vacuuming just is not enough to get the job done. You will need to clean your carpets or have a professional clean your carpets regularly.

But how often should they be cleaned? This will depend on your circumstances. If you have children, live in a dusty area, or have other circumstances that may cause your carpets to become dirty more often, you may want to consider having your carpets cleaned once a year. At the least, you should consider having your carpets cleaned every 18 months.

While vacuuming is important and should be done several times a week, it is clear that it is not sufficient to keep the carpets completely clean. Only cleaning the carpets with a carpet cleaning machine or having it professionally done can truly get the carpets clean and reduce health risks. For more information, contact Clean Sweep Professional Cleaning Service or a similar company.